The Newsroom

Eamonn Holmes to leave Sky News

(September 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SK
Skygeek
Oh aye and I'm sure he did some primetime show on CNN called 'Piers Morgan Tonight.' Rolling Eyes

I was referring to his ITV show, but your mention of CNN gives my argument even more credence, funnily enough.
AN
anoilyrag
*COUGH*

Gosh when JT 'retires' in October I wonder if people will be calling it a sad loss or panic cost-cutting?
MD
mdtauk
*COUGH*

Gosh when JT 'retires' in October I wonder if people will be calling it a sad loss or panic cost-cutting?

Think it is clear that Sky News will be slimming down, and people are being pushed out, or leaving a sinking ship.
VM
VMPhil
*COUGH*

Anyone would think you're some sort of insider or something…
LO
Londoner
Think it is clear that Sky News will be slimming down, and people are being pushed out, or leaving a sinking ship.

I like JT but in fairness he deserves his retirement now - assuming the timing of his departure really was his choice - he's had a very good innings.

It's not really a surprise that people who joined Sky News in its early years are now retiring and moving on. In some ways it's remarkable the channel has had such a stable lineup of core news anchors for so long.

I do hope that Sky News finds people of similar gravitas to take key roles in the future, though.
HO
House

I like JT but in fairness he deserves his retirement now - assuming the timing of his departure really was his choice - he's had a very good innings.

It's not really a surprise that people who joined Sky News in its early years are now retiring and moving on. In some ways it's remarkable the channel has had such a stable lineup of core news anchors for so long.

I do hope that Sky News finds people of similar gravitas to take key roles in the future, though.

I mean the tweet actually says his retirement "from Sky News", and that he's taking a "gap year". Doesn't sound to me like a complete professional retirement, which could be promising.
CO
Connews
His last assignment for Sky News will be the US presidential election in November. A fitting one for a consummate professional.
Ratflump and London Lite gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Nobody wants to stay and report on President Trump.
HO
House

Better than being a citizen under President Trump.
IS
Inspector Sands

On the contrary, if it happens I imagine it'll be such an unusual, eventful and unpredictable time, reporters will be kept busy and entertained!
BR
Brekkie
I think they all know about Murdoch's secret nuclear bunker. That's where JT is spending his gap year!

If Jeremy Thompsons retirement wasn't coming at a time of so many exits I think I'd be wanting Dermot Murnaghan to effectively get the top job at Sky News and take over his role, but predicting they'd hand it to Adam Boulton instead. However the way things are going I suspect they'll just be looking to effectively eliminate his shift completely by exteding the hours others do. And to vaguely bring this back on topic considering the thread we're in that could mean Sunrise being extended into the 9am hour too.

9 days later

BA
bazinga
Sarah -Jane Mee has been announced as replacement for Eamonn on Sunrise.

Newer posts