The Newsroom

BBC Olympic Breakfast

Starts 6th August (July 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NJ
news junkie
Could someone upload the Olympic Breakfast open thru here so we can view it? Cheers!

I'm sure someone said they did but the IOC put in a rights claim for it... Might be wrong though

Then again, this is currently uploaded by Guilliame IDF
HO
House
That music is wonderful - making it the full time music would instantly improve Breakfast's current presentation.

I was thinking, as well, about that works and doesn't work about the current studio compared to their variant of the Sport Center, and I think the pitch black floor (compared to ring of wood-effect around the Olympic desk and sofa) and the harsh reddish-orange lighting around the non-plasma parts of the studio are two of the things that make the studio unnecessarily cold and off putting, at least for that time of the morning. Toning down the colour of the sofa would help, too.
LS
Lou Scannon
House posted:
That music is wonderful - making it the full time music would instantly improve Breakfast's current presentation.

Surely the prominent bursts of percussion on the current Olympic Breakfast theme are meant to be imitative of traditional Brazilian music? And therefore it would be nonsensical to keep this exact version of the theme beyond the Olympic fortnight?
Custard56, rob and Stuart gave kudos
HO
House
House posted:

Surely the prominent bursts of percussion on the current Olympic Breakfast theme are meant to be imitative of traditional Brazilian music? And therefore it would be nonsensical to keep this exact version of the theme beyond the Olympic fortnight?

Not an exact copy, but something with the same energy and more uplifting beat - sure.
AN
Andrew Founding member
The theme music is the least of their problems really, and I wouldn't want to see yet another remix of the same theme with lots of noise added all over the top.
NI
nigel
The theme music is the least of their problems really, and I wouldn't want to see yet another remix of the same theme with lots of noise added all over the top.

Have to agree and after all this time, I'm getting bored of the music and the various remixes.
LS
Lou Scannon
I've barely seen Olympic Breakfast since last Saturday, so forgive me if this isn't new...

During the very first studio wideshot at 6am today (i.e. immediately after the opening Salford Quays sting), the two side screens in the studio were displaying what appeared to be sections of the usual NWT virtual "window" view, rather than any kind of programme logo.
BA
Bail Moderator

LL
London Lite Founding member
This morning, they're doing an OB from outside Media City, complete with a sat truck with a SD quality feed. Is there a reason why they can't do some form of HD microwave feed to the OB from the main building?
MA
Markymark
This morning, they're doing an OB from outside Media City, complete with a sat truck with a SD quality feed. Is there a reason why they can't do some form of HD microwave feed to the OB from the main building?

They probably don't have the kit to hand, though I'm surprised there are no 'wallboxes' in the plaza, I suspect
that's all tied up with ownership and ransom strips !
RI
Richard

I'm surprised they have anything SD in Salford!
SP
Steve in Pudsey
It can be cheaper to use the OB facilities and staff that are already allocated to the programme and paid for than getting the wallboxes plumbed through, hiring cameras etc.

It also means that a director in the SNG can direct that sequence, if it went through the wallboxes into the programme gallery it would have less flexibility and opportunity to rehearse.

There's also a lot to be said for using the same production techniques that they use on a daily basis rather than adding to what already is a more complicated programme than normal.

Newer posts