TV Home Forum

Crimewatch with Jeremy Vine and Tina Daheley

(August 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DO
dosxuk
What are you rattling on about? Jeremy Vine's image hasn't been tarnished by Strictly at all. If that were the case then he would be frowned upon for new work. He's still popular on Radio 2 as well.

It was this election highlight that did the tarnishing!
VM
VMPhil
I thought we'd agreed to never. mention. that. ever. again.
tmorgan96 and dosxuk gave kudos
LL
London Lite Founding member
Good to see the show return to being double headed, but not sure about the OB nature of the new format.
NB
nbafan89
JAS84 posted:
So it's switching from monthly to weekly? That'll allow for more crimes to be featured then - good move I say. And a good presenter choice too.

I agree and I will be watching the new version
PI
picard
When I heard the news I thought three nails in the Crimewatch coffin.

The first, the presenters they have chosen.

The second, moving it to a weekly slot.

The third, having a set nearby to a crime.

Pure entertainment.

I have slowly watched Crimewatch move from serious crime factual to turing crime into entertainment. It started when they added dramatic music to the reconstructions.
LL
London Lite Founding member
From the press release, it's clear why Tina Daheley has been signed up, to attract a younger audience to the show. However in the old days when we had a PSB linear channel for 15-34's, they could have had a tightly targeted crime show with her presenting instead.

It seems the BBC have their favourite youth presenter and it was between Daheley and Sam Naz, the latter left to become a freelance presenter.
CU
Custard56
I have slowly watched Crimewatch move from serious crime factual to turing crime into entertainment. It started when they added dramatic music to the reconstructions.

Agreed. The programme lost a lot of credibility, in my view, the moment they started including the incidental music - completely unnnecessary and somewhat distasteful given these are real - and often horrific - crimes they are meant to be reconstructing. Not little mini crime thrillers.

I am surprised there hasn't been an uproar, actually.
SC
scottishtv Founding member
I'm sure I've also seen the CCTV round-up feature puns like "Recognise this guy? Be a DIAMOND and give us a RING tonight" over footage of a jewellers shop getting robbed.

Might be routine stuff for police officers, but felt totally misjudged on the show.
JA
JAS84
Looks like a 4 week run in September, rather than a year round series, with another block next year?

Quote:
Following its September 2016 run, Crimewatch will return to BBC One for its next block of episodes in early 2017.

Quote:
Notes to Editors
- Four episodes of Crimewatch will air weekly from early September on BBC One.
Ugh, so much for featuring more crimes. So if a crime happens in a month they're not on air, it won't feature. If it's going to be weekly, it should be 52 episodes a year (for that matter, so should Watchdog, for the same reason, they also miss stuff when they're off air). It's supposed to be public service broadcasting.
RA
radiolistener
When I heard the news I thought three nails in the Crimewatch coffin.

The first, the presenters they have chosen.

The second, moving it to a weekly slot.

The third, having a set nearby to a crime.

Pure entertainment.

Watch the episode of Drop the Dead Donkey with the fictional Crime Time spoof. That was 22 years ago - that is Crimewatch now.
RA
radiolistener
No doubt it will have a "Crime Cam".
PI
picard
No doubt it will have a "Crime Cam".

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Whej8esK4SQ/T1GOrLfea7I/AAAAAAAAKJM/mfEHCgnz3wU/s1600/shudder.jpg

Newer posts