The Newsroom

BBC Olympic Breakfast

Starts 6th August (July 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Where will World News be getting its sport bulletins from during this period? OB from Rio, the sport newsroom or the second sport studio in Salford?
MI
m_in_m
The sport round up in the news on BBC One this evening seemed to use the second set.
NE
News96
They seem to have been using it all day on the NC.
HA
harshy Founding member
Where will World News be getting its sport bulletins from during this period? OB from Rio, the sport newsroom or the second sport studio in Salford?

It looks like they moved to the second studio yesterday, must be from there then, I can't imagine them doing what they did for London.
FL
flaziola
They might have some balcony or studio in Rio to anchor from.
ST
Stuart

I would hope that they've hired a 'bubble studio' in Rio from which to present their Olympic coverage.

They've sent a strong presentation team out there, so it would look unprofessional to have them perched on a balcony or under a makeshift tent. Mad

This is NBC's main location studio.
http://www.newscaststudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/nbc-olympic-studio-rio-01-1.jpg

Which happens to have an alternative 'beachside' balcony view:
http://www.newscaststudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/nbc-olympic-studio-rio-02.jpg
Last edited by Stuart on 31 July 2016 1:20pm
HA
harshy Founding member

Nice it looks like a render though, maybe their view of the beach may not be as good as the render suggusts.
ST
Stuart
Nice it looks like a render though, maybe their view of the beach may not be as good as the render suggusts.

Yes indeed, it's only a render from the Newscast Studio website, but the design still looks impressive.
DO
dosxuk
The BBC have a studio in the block they used during the World Cup. That NBC studio appears to be in the same location based on those renders, so will have a good view of the beach.
SC
scottishtv Founding member
It's certainly a million times better than "Ye Olde English Library" they used during parts of London 2012 Rolling Eyes

Though the trough of plants is weird.
JO
Josh
Surely the "new" titles will just be the Olympic title sequence with the word 'Breakfast' slapped on at the end OR, even more underwhelming, the usual Breakfast title sequence with the Olympic logo slapped on at the end (as at London 2012)?

James Mobbs often Tweets about Breakfast as if a new look is around the corner; it never is.

You do realise this is on his SnapChat.......
AN
Andrew Founding member

Talking about that, I notice that tower block in Stratford still has its distinctive big windows many flights up standing out from all the other windows. I had thought the block was supposed to be being pulled down which is why the BBC were able to use it.

The BBC News coming live from a studio located in a former high rise council flat is something which is still remarkable now and probably will go down in history and never be repeated.

Newer posts