Mass Media & Technology

Tuning Problem

Problem finding channels on freeview (July 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IG
IainGrant
I have a TV in my livingroom and a TV in my bedroom. These are the only 2 TVs in the flat. For 2 years, the TV in the livingroom was running Sky but was not tuned to freeview and the TV in the bedroom was running freeview only. Both had perfect signal and no problems.

However, I just cancelled my Sky TV package yesterday as I bought an Amazon Fire TV Box. I got rid of my Sky box and Sky connections and set the TV in the livingroom up for Freeview only. It picked up all channels expected and has a good clear picture with no problems. I noticed today that the TV in the bedroom (Samsung) which has always been running freeview now has no channels and has a message saying "weak or no signal". I tried re-tuning it but it will not pick up any channels. It sometimes picks up 1 or 2 but they are such bad signal you cannot watch them.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated
DA
davidhorman
What does your wall plate, with the satellite and aerial connectors on it, look like? How many of each, and how are they labelled?
IG
IainGrant
In the livingroom the wall plate has TV, FM/DAB and then the satelite connections. In the bedroom it is just a single TV aerial socket.
DA
davidhorman
I was wondering if it had a return for an aerial feed out of the Sky box (so a Sky box can its own output as an extra analogue channel to feed around the rest of the house). Sounds like it doesn't though, so... I dunno. Was the aerial feed connected to anything when you had the Sky box?

Does the signal in the bedroom get any better if you disconnect the aerial feed in the living room?
IG
IainGrant
Sorry, before I changed from sky to freeview in the livingroom there was a cable coming our the tv port and going straight back into the satelite port. I think this could be the issue as now the tv is plugged into the tv port and nothing coming out and going back in to satelite.
DV
dvboy
If there was a cable from the aeriel socket straight into another socket on the sat plate, it looks like that's what fed the bedroom TV and therefore you need to split the signal. It sounds like an unusual setup.
IG
IainGrant
That was the problem! Now solved!
dvboy and London Lite gave kudos

Newer posts