The Newsroom

The New ITV & BBC Weather Thread

BBC Thunderbolts - Are they Red, White or Blue... or yellow? (September 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RD
RDJ
I'll set up a new weather thread as it looks like the old one got archived a few months back.

Becky Mantin has presented her last forecast tonight as mentioned by herself 'see you sometime in the New Year' as she's due to go off to maternity again.

Guess we'll see more of Lucy, Alex and the relief presenters over the next few months.
Last edited by RDJ on 21 May 2018 7:13pm - 9 times in total
LL
London Lite Founding member
I won't be surprised if Amanda Houston gets more cover work.
GM
GMc
I won't be surprised if Amanda Houston gets more cover work.

Manali Lukha has been appearing more frequently as well.

40 days later

NB
NicB1971
I like Amanda Houston and Manali Lukha but Lucy Verasamee's voice is so irritating when she starts. Do they not train these presenters how to speak a reasonable pitch and speed? BBC's Sarah Keith-Lucas is another annoying one.
LL
I like Amanda Houston and Manali Lukha but Lucy Verasamee's voice is so irritating when she starts. Do they not train these presenters how to speak a reasonable pitch and speed? BBC's Sarah Keith-Lucas is another annoying one.

Lucy Verasamy is a qualified metrologist.
GM
GMc

Lucy Verasamy is a qualified metrologist.

Manali Lukha is also a Met Office Media Manager, a role in which she trains presenters before they appear on screen.
bilky asko and London Lite gave kudos

86 days later

JD
JDN
It's nice that ITV National Weather is now HD, but why isn't the graphics?

124 days later

RE
Revitt
Why does Lucy Vasectomy seem to be doing ITV weather every day?
RD
RDJ
No idea. But I do find her very irritating with her facial expressions and tone of speech, almost as if she has forgotten what she is about to say.

Unlike someone who is very much missed...

17 days later

GM
Gary McEwan
Did STV forget to play their own sponsor for the National Weather? The weather seemed to fall off air and then come back and played out the ITV Green Flag sponsor...

10 days later

LO
Londoner
Interesting to see the Met Office now doing its own very BBC-style video forecasts on YouTube

LL
And in 1080p!

Newer posts