TV Home Forum

Challenge - June 2016 onwards

#ChallengeAccepted (June 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
Larry the Loafer
This one seems like it'll last longer. The rebrand to the [CHALLENGE] logo was Sky making its mark IIRC after it acquired the channel from Virgin, so I can understand that one. The refresh from that one to the characters is one I can't understand because I didn't see a problem with it. The characters tired quickly and I felt it cheapened the brand by having what were essentially goofy cartoons promoting the channel. Now we have presentation that seems far more sensible and appropriate, and will hopefully last a bit longer.

My point is, of the four rebrands they've had, I think at least two of them were necessary.
VM
VMPhil
Looks as though this design studio was behind the rebrand

IN
Interceptor
Sky continued with the Virgin Media branding for a year or so as I recall. Certainly it launched on Freeview with that branding. I think that branding was probably the worst to be honest - it said nothing about the content of the channel. I agree the retro look was good - but I think this new look probably beats it.
:-(
A former member
I immediately thought of Trivial Pursuit on seeing the new logo.
JA
JAS84
^That's probably deliberate, considering that Trivial Pursuit is a quiz game and Challenge airs quiz shows.
RO
rob Founding member
Another ident:

MI
Michael
The "YOU CAN'T BEAT A BIT OF BULLY" text is very BT Sport....
JA
JAS84
How so? It's quoting Bullseye.
IN
Interceptor
Can anyone work our what the first gameshow in that ident Rob has posted is meant to be? Ninja Warrior?

Edit - clue is right there in the title!
RO
rob Founding member
Can anyone work our what the first gameshow in that ident Rob has posted is meant to be? Ninja Warrior?

I assume it is. Makes sense really, an ident for their action-themed shows...
RO
rob Founding member
Third ident:

OR
orange
They're superb, vast improvement!
harshy, Warbler and Maaixuew gave kudos

Newer posts