The Gallery

ITV Hearts Re-edit

Ongoing (June 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
Everything (including spinning hearts) is done is Adobe After Effects CC and then cut together in Premiere CC.
MrDexB and Colorband gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
I think you're missing a clear hierarchy between the brands - you have three separate brands if you include the 'TV from the heart' animations, and you don't really know which is of higher or lower importance.

Isn't that kind of the point though. I think both the regional logo and ITV logo, along with the hearts motif, grab your attention more in these than they did in the originals.

And thanks for taking on board my suggestions Whataday - I don't think the HTV Carlton ident looks too bad at all.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I agree with Brekkie that the ITV logo didn't grab your attention in the actual configuration of the Hearts idents, particularly when you consider the dominant role it played in the idents 10 years previously.

I don't see how the heart 'flashes' would be considered a third brand. It is a supporting device that links the ITV brand to the regional identity. That was certainly the point in 1999.
CO
Colorband
I have to say, it's a lot harder than it looks to edit an ident which is based around a transition to a logo which includes a star. Whoever came up with the idea to use HTV's V as a transition point for a heart deserves some sort of recognition.

Just thought of this - why not make one of the points of the star line up with the V and do that for the transition?
WH
Whataday Founding member
I tried that but the angles of the V are different to the angles of the star. The star that transitions into the HTV logo is actually the Carlton star but you can't really make it out due to its brightness.

Also, fun fact - I've learnt the reason the stars that spin in the background are different to the one in the logo is that the logo version looks very odd in the background.
CO
Colorband
I tried that but the angles of the V are different to the angles of the star. The star that transitions into the HTV logo is actually the Carlton star but you can't really make it out due to its brightness.

Then do how Carlton did and just turn the flash into a heart.
That transition just looks off.
IN
Interceptor
These are really excellent, certainly much better than the mess we ended up with.

I wonder if the HTV logo could be made to work alongside the Carlton star? In my head it doesn't work.
ST
Stuart
Had to wait in for a delivery this afternoon and as it was via Yodel I ended up with a lot of time on my hands.

I have to say, it's a lot harder than it looks to edit an ident which is based around a transition to a logo which includes a star. Whoever came up with the idea to use HTV's V as a transition point for a heart deserves some sort of recognition.

I'm not sure whether it would look right, but is there any way of doing a sequence where the 'Carlton Star' remains on the HTV logo, either in the upper part of the V, or to the top/right of it?

Very nice mocks. Thumbs up
CO
Colorband
I honestly cannot wait for what happens next with this mock. I'm so excited! Very Happy
WH
Whataday Founding member
I've had a go... still not sure about combining the two brands but it doesn't look dreadful.

Brekkie, rob and Interceptor gave kudos
IN
Interceptor
I quite like that actually
WH
Whataday Founding member
While we're at it...

Newer posts