Mass Media & Technology

NOW TV

Now just er...NOW. (October 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IN
Interceptor
Presume new new box is imminent

AZ doing another 24hr special on boxes £12 for Box and either 3M Entertainment or 2M Movies, if anyone wants any fancy paperweights.

Do we know that the Smart Box is definitely going to replace the normal one? I thought it was going to be released alongside?

£12 for 2 months of movies is a good deal but not a firesale price. Tesco did the same package with the original box for £10 with 250 Bonus Clubcard points in Dec 2014.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Presume new new box is imminent

AZ doing another 24hr special on boxes £12 for Box and either 3M Entertainment or 2M Movies, if anyone wants any fancy paperweights.

Do we know that the Smart Box is definitely going to replace the normal one? I thought it was going to be released alongside?

Considering the Black box was only released last summer, I suspect the Smart Box will be a 'premium' product by NOW TV standards. If anything, considering this box has a DVB-T2 compatible tuner, I think this will be marketed for bedroom sets which are likely to have an old DVB-T receiver.
LL
Worth noting if you purchase your NOW TV passes from eBay resellers, eBay have cracked down on selling codes via the messaging system, so sellers are now posting the cards, which has slightly increased the prices, but still work out cheaper than buying at the RRP.
DV
dvboy
Boxes with Ents and Movies passes half price at Argos at present.

9 days later

LL
It appears NOW TV will be announcing the date of the Smart Box release and other news on June 29.

12 days later

DV
dvboy
Had a voucher code emailed to me over the weekend, for a month's sports pass for £20. No expiry date on it so I am hoping I can save it until after Wimbledon, for the Hamburg, Washington and Toronto tournaments.
LL
No offers for me, but new Chromecast owners can redeem a two month Entertainment pass before August 31.
Last edited by London Lite on 21 June 2016 1:24pm
LL
Despite the kids pass launching, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr. and Disney are still streaming on the Ent pass.

Edit: 1740 - Disney has now left the platform, Nick and Nick Jr. are still streaming via the Ent pass.
Last edited by London Lite on 21 June 2016 5:42pm
LL
All kids streams and VoD have been removed from the Entertainment pass. Some customers are being offered four months of the Kids Pass for free, while others can try it out for 14 days.

http://www.a516digital.com/2016/06/revised-now-tv-line-up-goes-live-with.html
LL
Sky Online in Italy rebrands as NOW TV on June 24.

http://www.smartworld.it/streaming/sky-now-tv-uscita-italia.html
DV
DVB Cornwall
Interesting suggestion I heard in passing which that last post might have relevance, Sky Go to be abandoned in the interests of savings, all it's content and NOWTV to be merged under a New NOWTV offering.

Can't see any argument against the logic of that move should it happen. We'll find out soon.
RD
rdd Founding member
It would be a disaster for Irish customers though, where Sky (for purely strategic reasons) still won't offer Now TV.

Newer posts