The Newsroom

STV News

(January 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
GMc posted:

They've been in place since Monday. I think Lucy Whyte is filling in for Laura while she is off...

Not yesterday Wink You are correct. its a shame there couldn't put Ruth or Gordon face on the tiles where there do it.

Who's Ruth?

Your right who is Ruth Embarassed Its Rachel McTavish, Sorry!

12 days later

A former member
Today five years ago, on 23 May 2011 STV news Central was formally split into two, a NEW look also appeared: it wasnt until 2012 for STV news getting revised.

Edinburgh: What did happen to those Super injections...

Glasgow:
GM
GMc
Doesn't seem like five years at all. Also, can't believe it will be 10 years next Monday since Scottish and Grampian came together as STV!
A former member
Lucy had to go reporting today for the top story, thus Rachel has been brought into do Edinburgh news, there have edited the titles to not show the newsteam, it would be pretty easy to edit it to have Rachel or even Gorden to do it.
GM
Gary McEwan
STV News has won 'Best News Programme' at the RTS Scotland awards tonight.
BR
Brekkie
Which version?
GM
Gary McEwan
Which version?

That's a very good point actually. I'm presuming it's STV News as a whole.

On that note, Bernard Ponsonby has won 'TV Journalist of the Year'.
NJ
news junkie
Which version?

That's a very good point actually. I'm presuming it's STV News as a whole.

On that note, Bernard Ponsonby has won 'TV Journalist of the Year'.

According to the RTS website, it was STV News at Six - Central. It was also up against the Carmichael Trial for STV Glasgow and Reporting Scotland for the BBC.

https://rts.org.uk/award/rts-scotland-awards-2016-0
BR
Barney Rubble
GMc posted:
Doesn't seem like five years at all. Also, can't believe it will be 10 years next Monday since Scottish and Grampian came together as STV!

Sad day indeed
GM
GMc
GMc posted:

Sad day indeed

Sad then, maybe. But, STV has continued to invest in local news for all regions. That might not have happened otherwise.
Also, had ITV taken over, as was rumoured around the time of the STV rebrand, it would probably be one Scottish news programme across the country...
GL
globaltraffic24
On the note of investing in regions - do we have ANY idea when STV Aberdeen, Dundee and Ayr are launching? It is bizarre that they haven't launched yet, given the relatively low cost of getting them on-air. With the schedules mainly coming from Glasgow, it's really just a case of getting a few video journalists hired in each newsroom and then flicking the switch.
GM
GMc
On the note of investing in regions - do we have ANY idea when STV Aberdeen, Dundee and Ayr are launching? It is bizarre that they haven't launched yet, given the relatively low cost of getting them on-air. With the schedules mainly coming from Glasgow, it's really just a case of getting a few video journalists hired in each newsroom and then flicking the switch.

I'm sure I read a press release saying the beginning of next year... I'll try and find a link.

EDIT - From a516digital:

Quote:
"...some launches have been postponed to allow for technical changes to the way the local TV signal will be distributed on Freeview." -

Ofcom currently expects the local TV multiplexes to go live by the following dates, some may be subject to change. These dates should not be confused with confirmed launch dates for the actual local TV services due to go live in each area; these dates will be confirmed closer to the time.

Aberdeen: 02/03/2017
Ayr: 02/03/2017
Dundee: 02/03/2017
Last edited by GMc on 26 May 2016 3:58pm

Newer posts