The Gallery

Good Morning Britain Music Remake

Trying something different (November 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
UB
UBox
To me the first one sounds like GMB does Wimbledon.
TO
TODAY
I'm sorry but the first thing I thought of when I heard these was the old polyphonic ringtones you used to get!
JT
JamesTV
UBox posted:
To me the first one sounds like GMB does Wimbledon.

Probably because of the trumpet instrument in Garageband. I have tried to mix in some synths and strings to reduce the effect but then it sounds too light. I had the exact same problem recreating the ITV News music in Garageband.

TODAY posted:
I'm sorry but the first thing I thought of when I heard these was the old polyphonic ringtones you used to get!

My remake of the GMB 2014 music may sound slightly like that due to the poor brass/trumpet instrument selection in Garageband. I don't think my GMB 2015 music remake does though.

I am currently looking at different software at the moment, so hopefully I can fix this issue soon.
CH
chris
TODAY posted:

Yeah that's been said on these posts countless times and nothing changes.
JT
JamesTV
chris posted:
TODAY posted:

Nothing can change. I've made the best remakes that I can using Garageband. There are limits as I can't use any plugins to get more instruments to create a more authentic sounding remakes.
It is quite obvious that music made in Garageband isn't going to sound exactly like the original, especially advanced music such as GMB. Garageband doesn't have a trumpet sound similar to the one in the GMB theme, so I have to work with what Garageband does have. The Garageband version I use is from 2010, so is probably missing modern features and instruments.
Like I say, I am looking into different music production software for Windows at the moment as soon I will no longer have access to a Mac.
NI
Nicky
chris posted:
TODAY posted:

Nothing can change. I've made the best remakes that I can using Garageband. There are limits as I can't use any plugins to get more instruments to create a more authentic sounding remakes.
It is quite obvious that music made in Garageband isn't going to sound exactly like the original, especially advanced music such as GMB. Garageband doesn't have a trumpet sound similar to the one in the GMB theme, so I have to work with what Garageband does have. The Garageband version I use is from 2010, so is probably missing modern features and instruments.
Like I say, I am looking into different music production software for Windows at the moment as soon I will no longer have access to a Mac.

James I do think you really need to stop blaming the tools and start thinking about how you're using them. With persistence it's not hard to create something that sounds good in GarageBand. I understand you won't be using the program anymore but it's a shame you didn't experiment further and push to get as much out of the software as possible.

Here's an excerpt of a recreation of the News at Ten closing theme. I made this way back in 2009 using the same (?) version of GarageBand you've been using. It's not brilliant but it's a hell of a lot better than my early attempts. Hopefully it will give you an idea of what can be done using even limited software. All the usual instruments and a couple of additional AUs.

Last edited by Nicky on 25 May 2016 10:52pm
JT
JamesTV
Nicky posted:

Here's an excerpt of a recreation of the News at Ten closing theme. I made this way back in 2009 using the same (?) version of GarageBand you've been using. It's not brilliant but it's a hell of a lot better than my early attempts. Hopefully it will give you an idea of what can be done using even limited software. All the usual instruments and a couple of additional AUs.

That sounds really good. It sounds like the trumpet instrument in your recreation is an AU though? As I have said in the past, the main thing I'm getting wrong with my GMB remake is the trumpet sound. There are things I can fix without AU's if I spend more time, but the melody would probably require an AU to perfect the piece.

Newer posts