The Newsroom

BBC News 24 1997-1999

(May 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CH
chris
I started this thread because I was more interested in the flags era rather than thought it was particularly good. It is a little strange to have branding focused around flags that don't exist. The branding post-flags certainly made more sense, although the presentation and tone around it was perhaps more stilted.
RI
Richard
In terms of flags, there are nearly 200 countries in the world, each of which has its own flag. You could only include a few of them, so it wouldn't properly represent the world.
IS
Inspector Sands
Yes the point was that there's no way you could include every flag of the world and choosing some over others would cause accusations of bias/favouritism. Therefore they represent the world by just using the shapes from flags - stripes, triangles, stars, circles, zigzags etc. Just with those 5 you probably cover almost every country
Justin, Richard and NYTV gave kudos
NY
NYTV
I wonder where you can listen to the News 24 1997 music. I know someone had updated most of the music online some years ago
RO
rob Founding member
NYTV posted:
I wonder where you can listen to the News 24 1997 music. I know someone had updated most of the music online some years ago

Tada!
madmusician, dvboy and watchingtv gave kudos
VM
VMPhil
rob posted:
NYTV posted:

Tada!

Was that 'UpToTheHourV2' music ever used? I haven't come across clips that use it.
RI
Richard
rob posted:
NYTV posted:

Tada!

Was that 'UpToTheHourV2' music ever used? I haven't come across clips that use it.

Don't think it was. Nor the break bumper included here.

Thanks for posting!

Newer posts