TV Home Forum

S4C HD Test

28.2E Clear For Now? (April 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Probably the same problem I have with having to view Revitt outside of Yorkshire.
RE
Revitt
And of course it's a PSB.

Not outside Wales it isn't

Regardless of being outside of Wales or not it's still a PSB. What is your problem against the Welsh?

It only has PSB status in Wales
RE
Revitt
Probably the same problem I have with having to view Revitt outside of Yorkshire.

You're not Welsh-Lad are you?
LL
London Lite Founding member

Explain why S4C and BBC Alba have linear national coverage on Sky then when they could have postcode allocations like the BBC One/Two channels?
RE
Revitt

Explain why S4C and BBC Alba have linear national coverage on Sky then when they could have postcode allocations like the BBC One/Two channels?

Because its less expensive. If they were PSB uk wide they would have to be on Freeview
GM
Gary McEwan

Regardless of being outside of Wales or not it's still a PSB. What is your problem against the Welsh?

It only has PSB status in Wales

Any proof of that or are you just blowing hot air?

Oh and by the way, this comes from a consultation from OFCOM...

Quote:
Yes, we broadly agree. S4C is a PSB established, by statute, specifically to serve the
Welsh-speaking community. It serves this particular audience both within Wales and,
nowadays, across the UK.
IS
Inspector Sands
Freesat has channels on it run by the Russian and Chinese governments... and Revitt objects to something as benign as S4C?
DV
dvboy
He's gone quiet now.

I took the time to read over his older posts - there's a background of Revitt having a position against the promotion of the Welsh language.

Fair enough everyone is entitled to their view, but that doesn't mean Welsh language programming shouldn't be available outside Wales, just because it's not Wales.
RE
Revitt
dvboy posted:
He's gone quiet now.

I took the time to read over his older posts

Don't you think that's a bit strange
DV
dvboy
Are you going to respond to any of the points made against your frankly pathetic argument or just deflect?

I was just trying to see if there was anything in previous posts that might help explain why you held your point of view.
RE
Revitt
Not to someone who looks through a FMs posting history
ST
steddenm
Nid oes dim byd o gwbl o'i le ar yr iaith Gymraeg, a chredaf fod S4C yn darparu, nid gwasanaeth yn unig yng Nghymru, ond i'r holl siaradwyr Cymraeg yn y Deyrnas Unedig yn ei chyfanrwydd, yr un fath â BBC Alba yn ei wneud ar gyfer yr iaith Aeleg.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Welsh language and I think that S4C provides, not just a service in Wales, but to all the Welsh-speakers in the United Kingdom as a whole, the same as BBC Alba does for the Gaelic language.

Newer posts