BBC Rebrand

(April 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
UN
unearthlychild
[OLD VERSION]

[NEW VERSION]

Hey guys!

This is my first attempt of rebranding the other BBC channels in the light of the BBC3, CBBC and BBC America rebrand. To be honest, I don't really feel the CBeebies logo should conform to the other networks but I have done it here anyway.

I am willing to create Idents/Network continuity but I would like to here others' opinions first on these logos.

Hope you all like it Smile
Last edited by unearthlychild on 7 April 2016 6:58pm - 3 times in total
CO
Colorband
It's... OK. I mean, the logos look good enough, but they need more... moreness.
It's hard to explain. Just... keep going, and see if it turns out better.

(I like the BBC Worldwide logo in the form of the BBC America square logo.)
UN
unearthlychild

AgainWTheNorth, Thank you so much for replying and your feedback. I don't know if spacing the main BBC logo from the rest of it makes a difference?
DB
dbl
Sorry the font for 'One/Arts' is ghastly.
JT
JamesTV
A good start. Maybe you could try to develop an icon to replace the word One to make it fit in with your BBC 2 and BBC 3 logos. Also, I think the BBC Worldwide logo would look better if you made the word 'World' fit completely on the first line and just have the word 'Wide' on the second line.
LL
Larry the Loafer
The BBC One font definitely needs changing to something a bit friendlier. I've been sick of the red theme for some time, but I really don't think black is the way to go. ITV proved that a couple years back.

But for an early attempt from a "new member" you've definitely made a good start.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
BBC One here looks like something out of the 1970s. Fine for retro drama and what not but not for a flagship channel.

BBC Arts font is just, no. Please, no.
MF
MatthewFirth
I think, and I discovered this when testing out the squares format myself, that only symbols work in this format, not lettering.

This ain't a bad attempt though, and I trust you to improve on these.
UN
unearthlychild

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Smile

the '1' has been pretty tricky for me to work out what symbol would be best and had the slight urge to use the early 90s '1' but decided against it due to its lack of style Razz

Also the color of BBC 1 here i have chosen to be black but on screen it could match it's surroundings similar to BBC First and ITV.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
I think this may be a case of you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't with regard to your BBC One.

I still don't think its quite the right font but the easy solution is a Gill Sans number/word one which I'm loathe to suggest.

The Arts font is better though. That looks like the old Central TV font, the name of which I can never remember Smile
UN
unearthlychild
I think this may be a case of you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't with regard to your BBC One.

I still don't think its quite the right font but the easy solution is a Gill Sans number/word one which I'm loathe to suggest.

The Arts font is better though. That looks like the old Central TV font, the name of which I can never remember Smile

I did experiment with a sans-serif font such as Gill Sans, but their '1s' just don't have much too them. And the font for the ARTS font is Neutra Sans Condensed, although I don't know if an icon might be more suitable rather than text? I feel like if i use text, I may as well just use something generic like Gotham for all of the channels such as my one for BBC Worldwide

Newer posts