The Newsroom

Channel 4 News

(November 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
DVB Cornwall
Mason's departure is not unexpected, his commentaries elsewhere, and writing taking quite a radical course. With the future of Channel 4 still not decided, I suspect he might have been asked to consider his future with the news operation, as it's key in the Network's fight for survival in it's present form. Leaving frees him from whatever constraints he might have considered with his C4N connection. It wouldn't surprise me to see him recruited into radical UK Politics sooner rather than later too.
DV
DVB Cornwall
................ It wouldn't surprise me to see him recruited into radical UK Politics sooner rather than later too.

I didn't expect it quite this soon though

10 days later

NE
newsman1
Kylie Morris said on last Friday's edition that Donald Trump bragged about the size of his penis - she was much more blunt about that issue than her ITN colleague Robert Moore on ITV.
MA
Markymark
Kylie Morris said on last Friday's edition that Donald Trump bragged about the size of his penis - she was much more blunt about that issue than her ITN colleague Robert Moore on ITV.

....well C4 is the home of stuff such as 'Embarrassing Bodies', so it's probably an attempt to homogenise all the programming to the same level. (I'm not completely joking)

16 days later

BR
Brekkie
An "archive" news report from 1990 created for E4 series The Aliens:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-aliens/on-demand/63299-001
NE
newsman1
An "archive" news report from 1990 created for E4 series The Aliens:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-aliens/on-demand/63299-001

That is a poor impression of Sue Carpenter. The voice of the actress sounds working-class. Sue has a posh accent, as can be seen in the following recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymnPewUv2Nw
:-(
A former member
Did sue ever present the main weekday bulletin?
IT
itsrobert Founding member
Yes, she was sometimes the secondary news reader on the weekday programmes in the late 1980s.

21 days later

:-(
A former member
Some one tried to stop the live broadcast from the vote leave campaign. No idea why. The guy had words then tried to block the camera.
AS
ASO
Well it was something to do with how Michael Crick was apparently disrupting the conference by reporting from it. Unfortunately, Brexiteers don't get to tell journalists when they can and can't broadcast so the idiot was swiftly removed.
mannewskev, newsman1 and Nicky gave kudos
WO
Worzel
ASO posted:
Well it was something to do with how Michael Crick was apparently disrupting the conference by reporting from it. Unfortunately, Brexiteers don't get to tell journalists when they can and can't broadcast so the idiot was swiftly removed.

For those who want to see what happened.

Locked off camera (as seen live on the BBC News channel):

Shortly after that there was another call from Johnson telling Crick to shut up.

Channel 4 News Live:

Last edited by Worzel on 16 April 2016 12:02pm
BR
Brekkie
Just highlights what a bully Boris Trump is.

Newer posts