TV Home Forum

Channel 4 the new home of FTA Formula 1.

No Ad breaks during races. (December 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
They've said they will and suspect they will continue to do so unless it clashes with a significant racing fixture or if ratings are so low they don't justify being on C4 and get bumped to More4. Any idea how it rated on BBC2 - personally I don't get the logic in showing "practice" at all, especially 4 hours of it - that's nearly an hour and a half longer than th actual competitive tracktime.
DV
dvboy
Well it was cheap filler for BBC2, as they were being provided the pictures anyway, and took radio commentary.

I do think if you're the kind of die hard F1 fan that watches Friday practice you probably have a Sky Sports subscription, so its value on C4 is questionable.
nwtv2003 and Brekkie gave kudos
JO
Jon
If Channel 4 were doing a magazine show each live week we wouldn't be questioning it. So I'd imagine these practice session programmes will be quite feature heavy so more a structure for what otherwise would be a magazine programme.
BR
Brekkie
Jon posted:
If Channel 4 were doing a magazine show each live week we wouldn't be questioning it. So I'd imagine these practice session programmes will be quite feature heavy so more a structure for what otherwise would be a magazine programme.

Suspect they'll use the full amount of ads they can do so that will at least get some eyeballs on ads aimed at F1 fans, helping to fund the ad free races on the Sunday.
HC
Hatton Cross
Jon posted:

Err.. when are they going to run these packages during the practice coverage?
Looking at the time of the slots on the previous page for next Friday, they'll be coming on air right on the button of the FOM F1 T-5 mins sting.

71 days later

DV
dvboy
They've said they will and suspect they will continue to do so unless it clashes with a significant racing fixture or if ratings are so low they don't justify being on C4 and get bumped to More4. Any idea how it rated on BBC2 - personally I don't get the logic in showing "practice" at all, especially 4 hours of it - that's nearly an hour and a half longer than th actual competitive tracktime.

Not sure if any of the sessions have been on More4 already but Practice 2 from the European Grand Prix will be on More4 on 17 June.

49 days later

FL
flaziola
Channel 4 getting their first reschedule of Formula 1. Horse racing moved to More 4.
DO
dosxuk
Channel 4 getting their first reschedule of Formula 1. Horse racing moved to More 4.

It's like the old cricket days
BR
Brekkie
Before More4 existed.
DV
dvboy
Ben Edwards mentioned it when they came back from a break for Q3, do any other broadcasters take the C4 commentary and if so is there an option to filter it out?
FL
flaziola
dvboy posted:
Ben Edwards mentioned it when they came back from a break for Q3, do any other broadcasters take the C4 commentary and if so is there an option to filter it out?

Nope went out on Eir Sport 1 (formerly Setanta Ireland)
HA
harshy Founding member
dvboy posted:

Nope went out on Eir Sport 1 (formerly Setanta Ireland)

Dont Eir Sport 1 take sky sports english commentary?

Newer posts