The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
News96
A Couple of tweets from Annita McVeigh about the changes coming in tomorrow morning, including Newsroom Live which starts tomorrow.

Rolling News and London Lite gave kudos
LL
London Lite Founding member
I'm guessing rehearsal time was during VD?
OW
TheOnetoWatch
It seems the LED circle over the newsroom is displaying orange Newsroom Live animations rather than the usual red.
RN
Rolling News
Joanna Gosling now presenting half hour news updates from the balcony during Victoria Derbyshire (must have been what Annita McVeigh referred to in her second tweet).
DK
DanielK
Newsroom Live doesn't seem much different, apart from extra references to the time and date.

Not bad remix to the music though.
OW
TheOnetoWatch
Top of the hour theme slightly reworked, an a tad more orange going on.
DA
DAN09690
Here is a video of the first opening .
CR
Critique
Victoria Derbyshire was certainly an improvement today - the first fifteen minutes was made up of a full run-down of the day's news (much as it would have been previously when they did that 15 minute bulletin before VD started). More regular headline summaries and generally more stories seemed to be featured as well - there were a couple of longer segments in the first hour but flicking through the second hour they seemed to get through a nice mix of stories.

Perhaps the greatest improvement though, is that the weather actually ran to-time before 10am, and so they were actually a few seconds early beginning their TOTH sequence meaning people tuning in for the headlines won't have had to wait a good few minutes for once. Weather often seemed to end at around 10:02 before, meaning it was closer to five past before the news summary. Still only one forecast in the programme though.
IL
i-lied
I notice the NC now using the same tag as branded WN programmes now.

Despite the cuts, I can see the NC can still do well in breaking news mode!
LL
London Lite Founding member
Newsnight is an edited 30 minute version from 2330 tonight, which allowed for a 30 minute bulletin with Ben Brown in Brussels and Rebecca Jones.
OM
Omnipresent
Norman Smith appears to have been forced off air whilst reporting during a protest against disability benefit cuts:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/mar/23/disability-campaigners-occupy-parliament-over-benefit-cuts
EL
elmarko
Good god, their anachronistic broadcast rules are ridiculous.

Newer posts