The Newsroom

BBC News Channel General Discussion

(November 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
newsman1
DTV posted:
As for Cameron "not wanting to upset Mugabe", as you allege, what can Cameron do about that?! Sure, the governments of the countries that surround Zimbabwe (except Botswana) support Mugabe.

Mugabe is the nickname of Paul Dacre, the editor of the Daily Mail, due to him hanging on far longer than he should and his hatred of all opposition to his editorial standpoint within the Mail.

And it so happens that Daily Mail and General Trust owns 20% of ITN.
NE
News96
The News Channel joins forces with World at 6:00pm (instead of taking The Six) with Alice Baxter following the capture of the Prime suspect behind the Paris attacks.
MA
Markymark
Some weird shots from Brussels this evening, at around 17:30 there was a close up shot of some random woman talking to the police, and then making a phone call. It carried on for a couple of minutes. Err why ? Same pictures on Sky and the Beeb so I presume probably from one of the Belgian broadcasters. (No she didn't seem to be a reporter)
LL
London Lite Founding member
Some weird shots from Brussels this evening, at around 17:30 there was a close up shot of some random woman talking to the police, and then making a phone call. It carried on for a couple of minutes. Err why ? Same pictures on Sky and the Beeb so I presume probably from one of the Belgian broadcasters. (No she didn't seem to be a reporter)

Surprised it wasn't Anna Holligan who was superglued to her phone between and just before going live earlier in the week covering the initial arrests.
HB
HarryB
BBC News special coverage for the Brussels raid with Martine and Alice in Studio E.
MA
Markymark

Surprised it wasn't Anna Holligan who was superglued to her phone between and just before going live earlier in the week covering the initial arrests.

Ha ! Yes, I noticed that too. At first I thought her talkback had failed and she was listening to the studio over her phone, but the for the follow up questions she finally took the phone away from her ear
LL
Noticed on the BBC Four simulcast, the NC ticker, nor the World ticker were used, instead with a generic BBC News strap.
NF
NewsFan
*I have noticed that after the Weather Forecasts towards the end of the BBC News At 1 & 6 that the Studio 'Pan' Camera is more zoomed in. Is there a reason for this?
Last edited by NewsFan on 18 March 2016 10:42pm - 2 times in total
LL
I thought the school Easter Holidays start next week?
Last edited by London Lite on 18 March 2016 11:02pm
WE
welshkid
With the IDS resignation this evening, this is one of the times where the switch to BBC World at midnight will be really jarring.
NF
NewsFan
A little technical problem with the Weather Screen (This was a little while ago). But, hey, we got a little Behind-The-Scenes look. Very Happy Smile Laughing Thumbs up
HB
HarryB
Oh my, this is never going to stop Shocked

Newer posts